FOLLOW BY EMAIL:

Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Cat in the Hat

We used a Groupon to take the boys to their first theater experience. It's geared toward toddlers, and since we only had to buy tickets for Seth and I--because the boys were young enough to sit on our laps, it was a pretty good deal. Once we got seated, though, there was an empty seat next to us so Austin sat there while Graham sat on Seth's lap (there was an extremely tall person in front of me so I could barely see let alone trying to make it so Graham could see!).

When we left, we got to talking about the experience: I thought it was worth it and Seth didn't. I'm finding that a theme with him... not seeing much as worth the hassle. It was fairly cheap, it was quick, we fit it in around naps, and both boys were still and quiet the whole time (which tells me they enjoyed it). Plus, since they have October birthdays, they got to go up to the stage and have the whole place sing Happy Birthday to them! I wouldn't pay full price, but it was totally worth what we payed. I'm not sure I'd add it to our October calendar again, though.

Somehow I've missed what the "30" is about.. 30th anniversary since Cat in the Hat was published? I'm not 100% sure.
I suggested a few poses to Austin, to make him seem more like a celebrity, and this is what he chose. ;-)
LOVE his smile here!

No comments:

Post a Comment