When I asked Austin what food he wanted for his special day (we each choose our own birthday meal food a la Parsons tradition), he said "candy." When I asked what kind of candy he wanted, he said "orange candy." So he got orange candy! And the rest of the funny story is that when I asked what else he wanted to eat on his birthday, he said "nothing, just orange candy!" I crack up as I write that! (and it's one example of why I love blogging. I want to record stuff like that!) We ended up having pizza in honor of his birthday because I know he loves it, even though he didn't request it.
We do four gifts at birthdays... well, four packages to open, really. "Something you want, Something you need, Something to wear, Something to read." It works well with our goals of giving practical gifts and always encouraging a love of reading.
When he got up and came into the family room, this was waiting for him. Orange candy included!
I love his face here as he tears into the first box..
And his smile here as he opens presents and eats his orange candy out of a new snack holder.
| These Thomas stories are super short which make them super awesome in my mind! |
| I love when paper goes flying! |
| Heather Waloski recommended this movie to me once and Austin was super excited to get it! |
| He saw these Cars sunglasses once and so I told him to ask for them for his birthday. And he got them! ;-) That's M&M paint around his face.. |
| Orange "icky mouse" pancakes on an orange plate with an orange cup. Guess his favorite color. |
We couldn't get the candles to stay lit outside so we came in to sing and enjoy our cake.
These two were really enjoying it, too!
| He's licking the plate, folks. Licking the plate. |

You would fit well with the women in my family (except sometimes for my sister)... There have been major fights about cleaning up too early on birthdays and Christmas.
ReplyDeleteOh, good! I'm not the only one. Seth thinks I'm crazy with wanting the mess to stay around. I'm like that on Christmas too. Can't wait to have more kids so there's more mess!
Delete