Graham David Spofford is 1 year old! We had a small party with family and friends at our house to celebrate. Seth cooked fajitas and I made cupcakes for dessert. Seth also made homemade graham crackers for the take home Thank You gift for everyone who came. It was a little colder outside than we would have liked, but everything turned out well and I think everyone had a good time.
 |
| I sent Seth out to get pictures of the balloons, and he did a GREAT job! |
The baby photo book and scrapbook were out for people to enjoy. We asked that people not bring gifts but instead donate batteries for his room at school at Christ 4 Kids preschool where he's in a one day/week MDO program. And then there are the graham cracker take home packages.
 |
| I love how they they turned out--red velvet with cream cheese icing and different colored sprinkles. |
 |
| It was a fun, full backyard! |
 |
| I had this shirt made for him. I didn't get a great shot of it, but I love it! |
 |
| Happy Birthday Graham! |
He wasn't very interested the cake at first, but I stuck some puffs in the back of it and he quickly learned the icing was yummy. Then he was just scraping the icing off the cake until I punched a hole into the cake and he learned the cake was yumy. Then he really started going to town on it!
 |
| He accidentally knocked the cake onto the ground. He didn't consume the entire thing. lol |
 |
| We ended up just tossing the bib because it wasn't worth trying to get the chocolate stain out. |
 |
| Gran, Nonnie & Gramps, Spencer/Cheryl, Marcia, and the Waloski family came to help celebrate. |
Once everyone was gone and things were cleaned up a little (including the birthday boy), we did his presents. We do four things to open: Something you want, Something you need, Something to wear, Something to read. We love practical gifts as well as ones that help encourage a love of book ownership and/or reading.
 |
| Seth gave him a bath and into jammies and then this was waiting for him in the front room. |
 |
| I plopped him down in the center of his presents and he immediately pulled this one onto his lap. And then just sat there with it. lol |
 |
| I've been waiting to give this to him for like a year or more! It's a hooded towel to coordinate with Austin's. |
 |
| He wasn't much interested in any of his gifts, but loved pulling things out of bags. I love how deep he's reaching here... |
Like I mentioned, we asked that people not bring Graham gifts to his party. We are very blessed and simply don't need more gifts around here. Instead, we asked that people bring batteries to donate to his classroom at school. We got SO many and were absolutely thrilled with everyone's generosity. Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate Graham's first year of life with us and those that donated batteries. His teachers at school were THRILLED with them!
 |
| Graham's teachers with the batteries. |
Great post! I love the photo with him and the empty plate. Hahaha. Great idea with the batteries.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I know, right!? After proofing the post several times I figured I needed to explain where all the cake went. I loved the battery idea too! I'm not sure I came up with it, but it was perfect as the teachers said they usually buy the batteries out of their own pockets.
Delete