FOLLOW BY EMAIL:

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

WI Vacation, June 2011: Day #2

After my parents picked us up at Katie's house on Sunday, they insisted we stop at this Chinese Buffet in Menomonie before heading to my grandma's house. We were anxious to arrive at her house to unwind a little bit, unpack a few things, and get settled just a smidge before all of the family was expected to arrive. My grandma had planned a family reunion of sorts and the total number of people was right around 30. I had a special outfit planned for Austin, one that his Aunt Cheryl had given him, and despite the craziness of the past day, he was in a great mood!
Austin clowning around on Grandma's rocking chair.
My Grandma LaPean (whose house we were staying at and who was hosting the family event... A LaPean family event) invited my Grandma Mattison to join us for the event, and she was thrilled as she'd never met Austin before. She currently lives in an assisted living facility near Menomonie, and Grandma LaPean lives in Eau Claire, so my dad went and picked her up. (I have always loved how many events have included both sets of my grandparents. I have several memories with both sides present, and I've always cherished that.) Below are a few shots Seth was able to capture as I was first introducing her to Austin. He loved her immediately!

Grandma Mattison and Austin meeting for the first time.
I love this picture!
Just as things were wrapping up, my Grandma decided that we needed to get a few photos taken. I didn't get one of the entire group, but this first one is me and my first cousins. Pam, Trisha, Me, Katie, Alan, and Mike.... with spouses/partners and children if applicable. I hadn't seen my cousins in several years, so it was great to get these pictures. And then I asked if it would be ok if we got a picture of just the second cousins together. Grandma happened to be on the porch when they gathered, so we posed her in the background.


Grandma LaPean with her great-grandchildren: Cody, Louis, Alex, Kaylee, McKenna, and Austin.
The whole time we were taking pictures, the guy across the street nearly broke his neck he was staring us down so hard. Grandma said later that he probably thought she'd died and that that was why so many cars had piled up outside. But, sorry, dude, she's alive and well! (It was funny how obvious he was about watching us!) After we were done taking pictures, we set Austin down in the grass and ended up taking a few 'photography shots' while everyone was saying Goodbye. The only thing I don't like is that his shorts seemed to have ridden up. He's wearing a romper and he looks pants-less!



Once everyone left, it was time to feed Austin, and all the excitement from the previous two days finally caught up to him. It was early to bed for him that night. Which was good, because Seth and I were also ready to just chill for awhile. We'd been going nonstop since we'd arrived, and literally not moving felt so good! Plus, we had a fairly busy Monday planned, so we needed to get our minds in the right place for the next day.

Sound asleep on daddy's lap...

1 comment:

  1. GREAT photos of the extended family! How special that your Grandmothers are able to spend time with Austin.

    ReplyDelete