FOLLOW BY EMAIL:

Thursday, June 23, 2011

WI Vacation, June 2011: Day #5

Wednesday found the weather rainy and chilly. It was a bummer, too, because other than hanging around the house in the morning, we planned to go to lunch with both grandmas, and my mom. I chose Perkins because I had been dying for one of their chicken ceasar breadbowl salads. Turns out they don't serve those anymore! Total bummer. But... They did still serve their yummy dessert of a giant chocolate chip cookie with vanilla ice cream over it which I, of course, had to order. Mmmmm... It was SO yummy! (Why is it that when I go home half the fun is eating things at places I can't get on a regular basis? What does that say about me?)

After lunch, we dropped Grandma Mattison off (and almost got stuck with the Lincoln in a huge ditch of mud!), dropped Grandma LaPean off, and then headed to Wausau to see Angela. I hadn't seen Ang since my wedding in the fall of 2007, so a visit was long over-due. Babies and The Economy had prevented us from making trips over the past 3.5 years, but we hit the ground running like no time had past!

I had hoped to make it all the way to Appleton to see her new adorable yellow house, but time just kept getting shortened, so we decided to meet for lunch somewhere halfway. Our original plan had been to meet at a park, have a picnic, and allow Jadon to run and play. The cold, wet weather literally put a damper on that, so we went to a McDonald's with a play land instead! Austin was in great spirits all day, and I finally got out the camera to capture some of his enthusiasm.  
Seemingly thrilled to be hanging out in a play land for 2 hours while his Momma chatted with Angela!
SO glad I got a picture of Ang and Austin together!
He was such a smiley show-off that I tried to ham it up with him and get a photo of both of us like that. He wins.
We ended up staying at McDonald's for 2 hours, but it felt like 2 minutes! We said our goodbyes, hopped around puddles and loaded up our cars. Seth, Austin and I got home pretty much right at his bedtime, but since he was wide awake we decided to give him a bath. He's used to getting showers at home, so I had the camera ready to capture anything and everything. He wasn't quite sure at first, but eventually started splashing around, just like in swimming lessons.





After a warm bath, it was time to say Goodnight, and he did excellent! Went straight to bed! (Which was something I was worried about given his recent poor bedtimes at home and the craziness of the past several days.) 

Seth, Grandma and I then spent the rest of the night looking through old slides while enjoying cookies and milk. Doesn't that just sound like something you should do at your grandmas?!? There were several shots of my dad as a very young child. One in particular, his 1st birthday, had him sitting in the highchair that we were using while there, and his resemblance to Austin was so striking that there was an audible gasp in the room and Seth and I turned to look at one another. We definitely know where he gets his facial features from! (Let's just hope he gets a little Mattison/Spofford/Houston height! No offense, Dad.)

1 comment:

  1. I am loving the posts about your trip! I should have scrolled back and started at day 1, but I am working from 7 down to 1 instead :) The cheesehead photos are my fave so far.

    ReplyDelete