Seth, Austin, and I recently took a week-long vacation to northern WI. My origins. We flew DFW to MSP really early on a Saturday morning, and despite the early rising, Austin was in a great mood most of the airport time and flight. I hobbled along wearing my boot (from the sprained ankle) and Austin in the Bjorn, rolling my carry-on with the diaper bag atop. Seth carried his backpack and our large duffel (which still counted as small enough for a carry-on, so yay no extra baggage fees!) It was quite the scene, I'm sure, but we made it, and we're stronger together for having survived it. :-)
 |
| How Austin spent most of the flight: Sitting on the tray table playing with toys. |
When we arrived at MSP, my friend Katie and her son, Oliver, were waiting for us. After a quick stop at Target for some baby-related supplies, we unwound a little at her house in Cottage Grove, MN before heading out to Lake Calhoun. It was a gorgeous Saturday afternoon, and Austin had a blast on the playground!
 |
| Just one of the many surprisingly age-appropriate pieces of equipment in the playground. |
 |
| Austin: 7.5 months; Oliver: 2 years, 10 months |
|
 |
| Austin LOVED swinging! |
After the lake, we stopped and bought some ice cream from a little, local place before heading home. Katie and I talked so much that Oliver started getting jealous! ;-) He finally crashed hard and took a good long nap which allowed Katie to prepare homemade lasagna/garlic bread and peach pie/homemade vanilla ice cream (OMG, it was good!) while I chatted her ear off. Seth was great, seemingly sensing the deep need I had to reconnect with my friend, and took care of Austin nearly 100%. (This was a trend he continued throughout the trip, too! :-)
 |
| Oliver decided he needed to help Austin experience this book. |
 |
| "Momma, I love it here at the Welters'. They're so nice!" |
The next morning, we (Katie, Seth, Austin, and I) went to the original location of John Piper's church in Minneapolis. It was pretty much the only thing that Seth had hoped to see/do/accomplish while up there, so it was a no-brainer. My parents were waiting in Katie's driveway when we got home from church, and the rest of the day is enough for its own post!
My big regret from the time we spent with Katie, Chris, and Oliver is that I didn't take any Welter/Spofford pictures! I meant to get a picture of Austin with each of my friends/family members we visited while up there, and Katie and I did so much talking that I totally forgot! I hadn't seen the Welters since Oliver was ~4months old, so picture taking was really overdue, too. I am glad, though, to have spent that much time with them and to have captured Austin and Oliver together! Thanks, guys for having us. It was WONDERFUL!
No comments:
Post a Comment