FOLLOW BY EMAIL:

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Spofford Birthday Day/Lake Day, June 2011

The Spofford family is big on celebrations. We get together over 17 times each year for a variety of purposes/events and with a variety of different sections of the family! 

One of my favorite things is go to Seth's uncle's house on Granbury Lake. We meet out there twice each summer to spend time boating, swimming, and celebrating birthdays. (Anyone under 21 and over 65 gets a gift, the rest of us just get a card.) The day is a full one, usually including two meals, several gifts, and lots of people--11 adults and 5 kids, most times. I took my camera this last time and was intentional about capturing some shots of the day. Enjoy!

Austin and Daddy taking a swim just off the dock. Austin had a hat on most of the time during swimming, but I took it off for this photo. Does that make me a bad mom? (Looking at this picture, I wonder why I got in the water. yuck.)
Drying off post-swim... I love how that towel looks in photos, so I was inspired to keep on snapping photos!
And this large shade tree did wonders for lighting. I'm not a photography person, but I couldn't turn off the camera I loved the lighting so much!
Attack of the monster baby!
Look at those Baby Blues! (Which he gets from his Daddy, not his Momma.)
The smoker in the background is cooking our dinner. And, again, I just couldn't help snapping pictures!
He's a huge fan of those two fingers. (again, loving the towel in this shot)
There's something very Forrest Gump about my son from the back. I love it!
And he has one monster cowlick! Even when he had barely any hair, it was there, all curled around to the right.
"Mom, seriously. Please stop?" I can't! the lighting and towel are too good!!!
All the kiddos. 2nd cousins (C & J), Austin, 1st cousins (T, D, & I) (We gave that suit to Delaney for her birthday and I LOVE that she showed up that day wearing it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment