He took a bunch of donut holes to school as his treat (something Seth went and got before going to work again, which was so awesome) and we had the gifts sitting on the mantel all day and his place at the table decorated with the big balloon and the goodies (plates, tattoos, etc). (For some reason I didn't get a picture of that. AGAIN.) He requested pizza for dinner so we ate pizza and then did presents.
| one of the better birthday hats/masks I've found yet. |
| His bike waiting for him on the porch. This made me start crying every time I saw it. |
| cash! |
| this is a loose "Need"--gum, shoes and shell to complete his costume |
| I may have gone a little overboard with the "wear" category |
He went around riding with no shoes and no helmet (he eventually got a helmet from Kim and David) for quite awhile before I could convince him to at least put shoes on. And then he insisted on wearing the shell too, so we had fun watching him ride up and down the street. Until a pedal fell off. lol
| whoops! |
Austin was finally old enough to have a birthday party and he was super excited! He chose Superhero theme, dictated who he wanted invited, etc. We had planned to have the party outside, but it decided to downpour in the days immediately prior, so we had to move everything inside. The pinata actually ended up working well, and the "ball pit" we made with balloons seemed to go well too. I think their goal was trying to pop them instead of just playing, but that was fine by us. The ring toss was pretty much a bust, but oh well.
After playing with the ring toss and balloons for awhile, I encouraged people to decorate a bag so that they could collect all their pinata goodies. Seth held it up and it took several rounds which was fun for the kids--hit lots and lots of times, but it felt sorta grueling to the adults. I got a video of the whole thing, but it's 8 minutes long.
After the pinata it was time for cake!
Here's a video of us all singing to him and Austin blowing out his candles!
Then it was time for presents!
| Austin was SO excited about this fishing pole. He wanted it so bad! |
| party mess leftover |
Cupcake Night with Nonnie & Gramps
Kim and David always come over on a day not their actual birthday to give them their presents and they bring cupcakes and ice cream as a way of making it a bigger event than just presents. We do presents and then eat the cupcakes.
| A helmet for his superhero bike. |

No comments:
Post a Comment