FOLLOW BY EMAIL:

Monday, October 19, 2015

Manventure, October 2015

Manventure 2015! I went to a retreat with church, Kim came to stay with Carson, and Seth took the two bigs on a little adventure... First around town via bus and Dart train and then camping overnight and fishing. Here are the pictures I got from Seth's phone of the experience.

Off to east Texas for some fishing and camping. There was a burn ban, so they couldn't have a fire which is maybe a good thing for the first trip. Everyone slept pretty well, the only issue reported is that they forgot pillows, so were a little low on blankets due to the re-purposing of some as pillows. The boys were exhausted when they got home, but everyone was safe and sound! Though they fit into Seth's tent this round, he's stated that they won't all fit much longer together in the one tent.
My favorite picture from their weekend.
"too tired to take off his other shoe"
Seth got some roots to make sassafrass tea and was super excited to share it with me when I got home.

I think this will be on the agenda for every fall. That once a boy is potty trained, they go camping with Daddy while Momma is at the church retreat. Now to get Kim to agree to spend a night with Carson until he's old enough to go along.

ps. The water pictures make me calm just looking at them! I'd love to go "camping" with my men. But I need running water and a mattress. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment