Friday morning it was time to get things officially packed up and we hit the road as soon as possible. we stopped in Hudson to get some coffee and while some (northern) people might love Caribou Coffee, both of our drinks were burnt so it didn't make a great impression on us.
 |
| We were PACKED. |
First, we traveled west on 94 to Minnesota and then we jump on 35 and take it all the way to Dallas!
 |
| I have no idea what this was, but it's cool. |
 |
| All smiles from the backseat. |
 |
| Austin asked me to take this picture. Such a silly man. |
 |
| "Was that a keg!?" |
From the cities, we hop on 35 south, hitting Iowa first.
 |
| Another one of those "I don't know what this is, but it's cool" things. |
 |
| windmills! |
 |
| Passed out during our "quiet time" in the afternoon. |
 |
| This is what happens to your face when you sleep on your carseat buckle. ouch! |
South of Iowa is Missouri...
We stopped in Kansas City for the night (it's almost exactly halfway). We dropped off some things at the hotel and headed just down the road to a BBQ place for dinner. (Kansas City has a Great Wolf Lodge and in the future, we might try to stay there both on the way up and the way down.. it'll give the trip more of a vacation/fun feel. Especially as the boys will be older next time and getting to see all of my friends and family isn't exactly fun for them. Even though eating pizza and playing at parks were things designed around them.)
 |
We ate dinner at the Smokebox BBQ Cafe and the Embassy Suites van totally photobombed me. (I meant to take a new one afterwards, but totally forgot, so this was the best I got.)
This place served the best onion rings I've ever had in my entire life. |
After dinner, we went back to the hotel room for a bath and bottle for Graham. Then he crawled around the room while I watched HGTV! woohoo! Seth and Austin went to the hotel pool during this time and had a good time tossing our beach ball around. (and then we left it there) Then it was a bath for them and bedtime. Seth and I watched a few more HGTV shows and Austin tried his darndest to stay awake, but finally crashed after about an hour.
No comments:
Post a Comment