Wednesday morning was relaxed. We ate breakfast with Grandma, hung out around her house and did some sorting/packing. Our first event of the day was meeting my friend Heather (who was in town from Seattle for her brother's wedding!) and her family at Wakanda park in Menomonie and then heading to Acoustic Cafe for lunch. It was a fun time for the kids playing at the park and the husbands did a great job of doing most of the parenting so that Heather and I could catch up. (Thanks John! Thanks Seth!)
 |
| All three of our kiddos swinging! :-) |
 |
| Both Penny and Austin have such great expressions here! |
 |
| Sweet Grahamer-Man. |
 |
| I love this picture. Not only is it a cute brother picture, but the Winter Family is so adorable in the background! |
After playing at the park for over an hour in perfect weather conditions, we headed to Acoustic Cafe for lunch. Specifically, a Turkey Pita. Well, that's what I had, anyways. (My mouth drools just looking at this picture. I'm serious.) We got hot water for Graham's bottle, some hummus and chips for Austin and ... I have no idea what Seth had. I had a turkey pita. Have I mentioned that yet?
 |
| Yet another reason I go home. Turkey Pita from Acoustic Cafe. YUM. YUM. YUM. |
After we ate and got cleaned up, it was picture time!
 |
| The older two kiddos. Penny... such a sweet girl! |
 |
| A funny stick-your-tongue-out-picture. lol |
 |
| Heather and I and our kiddos. |
And the best one of the day was the Winter Family Photo. Love it!
 |
| Winter Family, June 2013. Acoustic Cafe, Menomonie, WI. |
After lunch with Heather and her family, (Thanks for making time for us, y'all!) we headed back to Grandma's where Austin refused once again to take a nap. ! When Graham got up, we headed to my friend Sarah's house for an afternoon of playing and then dinner. Sarah lives less than 10 minutes from my grandma and yet Austin totally passed out on the way there. So much so that we sat outside for 45 minutes talking while Sarah's girls and Graham played and Austin slept in the car. Thankfully it was shady and perfect weather outside so we could just leave him like that.
The last time we got together with the Kleven Family, Sarah had two girls and we had one boy. We've both since doubled our kids, all the corresponding sex, too! So this playdate was 4 girls, 2 boys, and only 4 adults. It was chaos. Fun chaos, but chaos. We sat around attempting to talk while the kids played and chatted our ears off. (Sarah's girls never stopped talking. It was such a different experience than we have with Austin! The two oldest are like 4 and 6, so that makes a difference, but it was hilarious.)
 |
| Sweet Etta. I couldn't not take her picture! What a cute expression. And Sarah loving on her daughter. |
 |
| Ashleigh and her curls! |
I think Graham loved this event the most because it was a kid-friendly, crawler-friendly place and he had all sorts of new toys to play with and chew on (he'd been pretty cooped up on the trip--in the car a lot, at parks a lot, and there weren't many places he could go at Grandmas house).
 |
| Sarah's house has one of the best views in Eau Claire! |
 |
| I love how big Seth's smile is in this picture! :-) |
 |
| passed out and drooling like crazy |
At some point we ate dinner together and at some point Seth got bit by their dog. A dog who used to be friendly and isn't anymore. All I could do was laugh as he was down to these last pair of khaki shorts!
 |
| Seth's shorts, post-dog situation |
 |
| Trying to get 6 kids this young to pose for a picture is nearly impossible! |
 |
Madeline is giving herself a mowhawk, Etta's not happy, Ashleigh's missing a shoe, and Austin's being the best big brother he can be. SO much chaos and SO much fun! |
 |
| Kleven Family, June 2013. (Sorry Eric, it was the best I got.) |
Then it was time to go home. I had been adamant that we were going to leave by 7:30 so the boys could get a bath and get to bed at a normal time, but of course it was after 8:15 by the time we got away. We just have so much fun together attempting to manage the chaos. :-) (Dinner was so good, thanks you guys!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment