FOLLOW BY EMAIL:

Monday, June 24, 2013

Trip to WI, day 6

We attempted to sleep in the next morning, but sleeping in when the boys haven't been getting as much sleep as they need (sleep begets sleep in children) and in a strange setting, means we're up by 7. We enjoyed a bit of a lazy morning, an awesome breakfast, and packed up the car. Again.

I'm not sure why, but this pair of jammies always causes Graham problems. He crawls around and before long his legs are stuck where they aren't supposed to be. He's not really that upset, just frustrated I stopped him from crawling so I could take a picture of the creepy foot poking out by his belly.
Austin had a good time exploring all things cabin/hunting/woodsie. I'm not even sure what those gloves are used for! Maybe I don't want to know...
Once we were up and dressed and loaded, we headed to my parents' cabin for a few hours so that Seth could shoot some guns (sadly I didn't get any pictures of this as I was holding Graham and keeping Austin inside the cabin) and he did great! I saw the milk jugs explode! ;-) A friend of my parents happened to stop over and it was the perfect chance to get a picture of all of us. Thanks Tiny!

Some of the view heading back to Eau Claire. Austin asked me to take this picture. 
When we got back to Eau Claire it was time for the boys to nap and me to run some errands around town--I was still hunting for Wisconsin stuff--Brewers, Packers, UWEC, etc.
The birds were singing, the door was open and the breeze was coming in the screen door. A better photographer would have gotten some amazing shots of the baby in a diaper watching the birds, but I just couldn't quite capture it! (Though I tried about 10 times!)
After naps it was time to clean up and head to Menomonie for dinner--Ted's Pizza (YUM) and then some time at the park for Austin to burn some energy.
This is the sort of thing that happens when you have an older brother and you're too young to defend yourself. lol.
After dinner with Shelly and Craig, we headed to Wakanda park for Austin to burn off some energy. The time at the park went really quickly, though, and soon Graham was more than ready for his bed (and a bottle). (And looking at my pictures, I hate that I didn't get any good ones of Shelly and her man!)
I love that smile!
We got a great one of Austin and Shelly last time, so we had to keep up the tradition.
This baby is ready. to. go. already!
And the CRAZY thing is that Austin was wearing THIS OUTFIT when we saw Shelly last. She recognized it!
It was definitely time to go back to Grandma's house and go to sleep! Overall, this day was the craziest and least favorite--it was too full and it felt like all we did was run from one thing to another and didn't get enough time set aside for any One Thing or any One Person. Sigh. I vow to take it slower next time home!

No comments:

Post a Comment