FOLLOW BY EMAIL:

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Fun Family Outings -- Cottonwood and Galaxy

Saturday, May 4th was a day full of family fun! We went to the Cottonwood Art Festival in the morning (it's free to enter, free to park) and the weather was perfect for it. I had longed for something like the Sunflower festival at Stone Mountain in Georgia and this was EXACTLY what I had hoped for (why the heck it took us so long to go, I have no idea). There were tons of different artists booths, but one actually made me start crying, the art was so good. It was country scenes--winding roads, ponds, lakes, etc, and I was immediately homesick and crying. His stuff was so transporting! We got some lemonade and walked around, simply enjoying the weather; it was amazing. OH! And I learned while we were there that there's a fall one too. :-)

Austin just helped himself to this chair. lol


That night was Tatum's 3rd Birthday party at the Galaxy Drive-in in Ennis. It. Was. So. Fun. I grew up going to a Drive-in pretty much at least once a summer, but this was a fairly unique experience for Seth. He's gone with me once (back home in WI) and probably a few other times, but it isn't a part of his childhood like it is mine. (This place has 6 screens!) I was so emotional and excited about it, we decided to attempt to go to the Drive-in every year with our boys. (just typing that makes me excited!) Even when they're little. We had expected it to be a little rough with the ages of our little guys, but it went great.

We got some yummy (junk) food, sang to Tatum, ate some cookie cake (the BEST thing I have ever tasted in my life), and then hunkered down for the movie. It was chilly that night (surprisingly), so we stayed in the car during the movie. We fed Graham a bottle and then put him in his carseat and he slept the whole time. Austin alternated between my lap and Seth's lap, but was into watching the movie (The Croods), so it worked out really, really, REALLY well. Pretty much as good as we could have possibly wanted! Austin stayed awake the entire drive back to Dallas (about 45 minutes), so he was exhausted the next day, but it was all worth it. SO worth it.

6 screens!
We weren't there quite as early as we'd hoped, but still got a good spot. 
I was adamant that we park next to some of these (it's part of the experience!), but they weren't working!
Graham and I hung out while the other boys got some food.
This kid would finish one of these by himself if we let him! He's always trying to hurry up and finish it rather than keep it around all evening, in case of thirst. 
Our happy baby.
Seth enjoying the nachos.
Graham wanted some. (And Seth literally didn't know he still had cheese on his cheek. lol)
Austin loves watching presents being opened.
He's always thrilled for the receiver. Love the heart of my sweet man.
This was THE BEST thing I've ever eaten.
Happy Birthday Tatum! Thanks for having your party at the Drive-in and for rekindling a love of mine.
Can't wait to start our new tradition, and we have you to thank! (you too, Dani and James!)

2 comments:

  1. Seth went to the drive-in in Lewisville when he was 10 days old. I thought they had all shut down after that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this inspired Mike and I to make a date for going to the Drive-In when we're back in Atlanta! Looks like a great time...

    ReplyDelete