FOLLOW BY EMAIL:

Friday, September 7, 2012

Austin's 1st Day of "School" 2012-13

As most people reading this know, Austin was in a Mother's Day Out program all of last year, attending every Thursday, 9-2. As it happened, they were doing enrollment for the 2012-13 year right when Seth got laid off last winter, so we didn't automatically re-enroll him there because we didn't know what our situation would be.

In holding off, though, we actually found a new place to send him that is closer to our house AND cheaper (Thanks Sheala for finding it for us!). He still attends just one day a week--Thursdays, and is there from 9am-2pm. It's technically called a Children's Day Out program, but around here we simply call it "School." ("School" is much faster and easier to say than "Children's Day Out" or even "CDO". Plus, it gets him into the idea of going somewhere to be instructed by someone non-parent and all that it involves--eating with someone else, doing crafts with someone else, learning taught with a bunch of other kids around, learning to socialize without parental help, etc.)

He's already had his first day and seemed to love it! He did some art, took a nap on his cot (I'm hoping that helps the toddler bed transition due to occur soon), and even came home with a fundraiser form. Pecans, anyone? ;-)
I LOVE this new hands-on-knees pose-with-smile he has acquired.
He looks like such a Big Boy walking in with his backpack on!
OH my! This melts my Momma Heart! Walking into school carrying his lunch and backpack!? Sigh.

I should have gotten one of him actually walking into his classroom and with his teachers, but the moment took me over and I forgot all about the camera in my hand!

4 comments:

  1. That picture on the fireplace is beyond precious! I am also digging the new backpack! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The big toothed grin on the fireplace is one of my favorites. He's also started this scrunch-up-his-nose for the camera. I'll see if I can find one to post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melts my Nonnie Heart too. Looks like such a big little guy to not even be two yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, I know! And when I look at the swim lessons pictures and see the difference, I can barely believe it! What a difference a year makes!

    ReplyDelete