FOLLOW BY EMAIL:

Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Family at The Fair

The Spofford family always goes to the Texas State Fair as one big group. I wasn't able to go last year as I was 9.5 months pregnant and suffering from a sinus infection (the infamous Sinus Infection of Fall 2010), so I was thrilled that the timing worked out for us to go this year. Everyone takes a half day off of work, and we head down about 3pm, giving us the afternoon and evening to have fun. We went on a Wednesday as it was Bring Three Canned Goods, Get In For $2 Day. A HUGE savings! And as people under two are free, our family only cost $4!!

Not only is it fun to go with our whole family because we get to hang out together, but it's fun to go as a big group because you get to sample more food that way! I sampled: Fried Oreos, Fried mashed potatoes, Fried PB&J with banana, Fried grilled cheese, nachos, cotton candy, ice cream, lemonade, and a caramel apple. The fried mashed potatoes were my favorite with the fried Oreos at a close second. It's so great to be able to try one bite of everything and only pay for one or two things!

Austin got to play a couple games and go on a merry-go-round, and overall, I think he had fun. He didn't eat much all afternoon/evening, but wasn't in a bad mood either. Seth's mom commented several times that he was doing so well. I guess maybe we're spoiled with him, but I didn't expect anything different than his perfectly-happy, smiling self. And that's what we had! I'm already looking forward to next year!

Mr. Austin is such a cool dude in his shades!
"Woah! Look at all these tickets Nonnie and Gramps gave me!"
security enjoying some of what the fair has to offer...

Austin's second-ever time playing The Duck Game.

He was much better at pulling out the ducks this time around!
And he won two prizes!

There are kitties in the greenhouse, and the worker stopped to give Austin a close-up with one of them.

We had some points left on the game card, so Austin played this frog game (which should have been fish, I think).
And thanks to Uncle Spencer's help, Austin won the biggest prize possible!
After the parade, we watched the light show and then headed home.

1 comment:

  1. Great synopsis of Austin's first Texas State Fair experience!

    ReplyDelete