May 20, 2016 was Austin's preschool graduation. I was both really looking forward to and really dreading the ceremony. I had been seeing friends' kids ceremony all week long and knew that I would be emotional. But I'd also been looking forward to this day for a really long time. It means he's growing up. It means he'll be in full time school next year. I used to long for him to just get to kindergarten, but now that it's upon us, I want to freeze time so we don't have to go there yet. I know that I can't have it both ways, but it's a reminder that "these are the days."
We've been coming to this school for years and soon he'll come no longer.
The ceremony was in the sanctuary. I just expected it to be in the gym because that's where things always are. We'd never been in there before, it's very pretty!
After we dropped Austin off at his class, we went and waited for the program to start. Carson was super restless and Graham was being a pill. I didn't pay much attention during the actual ceremony to how they did because I was so busy trying to get video and pictures (which was super hard to do given that some aides sat in the front pew, right in front of some parents).![]() |
| Typical Graham. |
Song One.
Song Two.
Song Three.
Here's Austin walking to get his certificate. (I missed his name being called.)
![]() |
| Austin's pre-k class |
| best buddies |
![]() |
| Mrs. Self and Austin |
![]() |
| Ms. Sherry, the director, and Austin |
| Some cakeballs by Diana that'd I'd bought as celebration. |
After Chuck E. Cheese's we went to Nebraska Furniture Mart and then IKEA. The bigs got to play in the play place at IKEA for their first time and Carson walked around with Seth and I. He loved pushing the cart. At one point, we were walking along and I realized he was no long between us pushing the cart! He was only 10 feet back or so, but it was both scary and hilarious. Now if I can just get myself to pull the trigger and get my cupboard!







No comments:
Post a Comment