Graham would have a bunch of 2-piece puzzles and Austin would have a 9-piece puzzle to do.
Then we had to color the cap the color it was asking us to.
Next some writing practice--staying in the gray space and making a straight, dark line.
One afternoon we did a science experiment I had been wanting to do with them for quite awhile. Vinegar, food coloring, and baking soda in a flat pan.
| I was so surprised by the fact that they didn't mix immediately. |
Here's a video of the action.
Here's a second video of the action.
The last day was tons of 2-piece puzzles for Graham. I had to take away all the green pieces because he was getting too frustrated. We talked about doing the ones you can do and then worrying later about the ones you couldn't do before. I gave the green ones back when he had done all other colors and he could easily complete them. Austin had more cutting than normal which then involved a game of memory which they are really good at.| He was very proud. |
I love the faces he makes when cutting. ha!
The last thing we did was some drawing. I would draw something, piece-by-piece and expect them to follow me. It was an activity in watching and listening. I purposely drew people differently to have them follow my steps. I would say "In this part of my paper, I'm going to take my brown marker and draw a circle for Daddy's head." and then do that. etc. The boys did pretty well.
The first page is of our family and the second is house, cars, and a tree.
Graham above, Austin below
Austin above and Graham below.
Austin's house made him start crying because he was so upset with the quality.
I tried doing a similar activity with them just hearing what I'm saying. It did not go well. Certainly nothing to take a picture of. Guess we're too young for that skill yet.
The boys sat around in jammies for a long time Friday morning and then Austin dressed in Packers so I decided to try to get a shot of them all in matching outfits. Not sure they'll let me do that much longer. Graham was already throwing a fit over it.| The best he has ever done! |
No comments:
Post a Comment