FOLLOW BY EMAIL:

Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

Mother's Day was very different this year than the past several years. With Gran gone, there was no need to attend her church on Mother's Day, so we each went to our own churches. This was nice, but also felt strange (I've only been doing that for the last 5 years, but it still felt missed). Before church, we ate cinnamon rolls and I opened my gifts from my men. I got a spa membership, a book and some movies. It was great. My favorite is that Seth put the boys' handprints inside the book! Well, also the spa membership. That's my favorite too. I guess I have two favorites. We got dressed and took some pictures together, (which is always a huge challenge!) and then we went to The Village.


Picture Time!
I liked Austin and I making faces last year, so I did a Smile One and a Funny One with each this year.
It's hard to tell, but this is like "raspberries".
Then both together. Graham had been screaming, hence his red face.

We have started going to the 9am service and we head out to get groceries directly afterward. It's a bit crazy with all four of us shopping for groceries and there's inevitably a meltdown, but it's been nice to take the Grocery Shopping item off my To Do list and put it in a place that had recently become empty (since switching churches). Seth and I work together on the menu plan for the week--I really like having his live/in-person input and he likes seeing how much we're spending! lol. Anyways, so after church and groceries, we came home a glorious lunch of sweet corn and brats. A perfect meal for me. The boys napped and Seth and I relaxed around the house.
sound. asleep.
Soon it was time to get up and head to Frisco to have dinner with the family and then head to the nursing home to spend time with Grandma Houston, eating desserts and taking pictures. This was a bit tricky because while the space was plenty big, it seemed the kids were all on sugar highs or something and we had a hard time reigning them in while also taking pictures, etc. And a note to ourselves for next time--bring things like cleaning wipes and garbage bags, etc. Be much more prepared next time. Much. More. Prepared.
Kim, Grandma Houston, and Rory
Three Generations.
All Four Generations.
I love how I got this in one try.
those big Spofford men...always clowning around!
Nonnie and her grands
 Then Nonnie opened gifts...
Graham gave himself some sort of timeout here. When he gets frustrated, he'll just hug and hold tight and breathe deep. Soo cute!
 Grandma opens her gifts...
 And the natives have gone wild...
We needed to get a shot of the three Purple Amigos...
(and Seth looks as hot as ever! Man, that's a gorgeous man I married!)

No comments:

Post a Comment