FOLLOW BY EMAIL:

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas Season 2013 -- Gifts, Decor, and Card

This post is about the rest of the Christmas season stuff that's not already been covered.
Here is an example of the mini facials I gave out as gifts.
Putting together gifts for the boys' teachers...

My Grandma LaPean always sends a cheese box and it was amazing as usual!

This is my favorite gift from Kim and David--I was able to sell my Kitchen Aid mixer and had this to replace it.
I'm also super excited about these bowls!

My parents sent the boys gifts and we opened them one morning a few days after Christmas. They weren't wrapped, but it's still a big ordeal of getting them out of the box. I LOVE that we have a Case tractor now. It's not the pedal tractor I've been asking for, but still Case.
True to form, he sat on the box.
Austin's gift was a farm set, complete with cows and hay bales and big truck he's named Mac.
He loves climbing aboard and scooting around.

And then there are the decorations... We added a few things this year and also purged a few things. I'm glad we've simplified a little, but it's still several tubs of things to put up into the attic!

This is our house at night. The lights on the pillars are new this year.
Anyone see anything wrong with the tree? (I look forward to the year we buy a really nice tree.)
Stockings... 5 because Georgia gets one.
An addition this year was these pictures of the boys on their first Christmases. Sheala gave me the idea of framing a picture and bringing it out each year as a decoration. So excited for this!
Love the new wreath! I bought a string of lights and stuck in it because I love the wreath lit.
The only time of year I actually like this thing is when we can make good use out of it. New this year was hanging ribbon across and using clothespins to hold up the cards.
After the tree was fixed and all the presents were wrapped.
I use lots of Christmas-themed books on the built-in.
Seth was playing around with the settings and I love this one! This is coming in from the front door.

What's your favorite Christmas decoration idea? What's the gift you got that surprised or pleased you most?

No comments:

Post a Comment