Seth and I were able to get away again this fall to Fredericksburg, TX. As best as our memories can tell, that's 4 years in a row! We went alone instead of with friends this time and Kim once again came and stayed at our house to watch the boys and Georgia. We are truly blessed to be able to get that time away from all our commitments and the stress and constant-ness of the boys. (Whom we LOVE, but absence makes the heart grow fonder, you know!?)
We ate all our meals by ourselves, didn't change a single diaper all weekend, slept in, and were generally able to lazy. It was lovely. It was the perfect mix of activity and downtime, perfect for us to just get away and reconnect. Because of the nature of the vacation, I couldn't get myself to take many pictures, but here are some highlights.
 |
Guess who got pulled over on the way down!? If ANYONE can get pulled over, my husband can. This time it was for license plate lights that were burnt out. ! Thankfully, the officer didn't give us a ticket for that. OR for the expired registration and inspection. Yes, BOTH were expired. |
 |
| This burger won some Best of Texas Burger award and Seth finished the entire thing. |
And it's a seriously in-the-middle-of-nowhere-place.
 |
Being out in the country reunites me with sunsets and I love it. I loved how the sun was streaking across the sky! |
I wanted to go to a winery. Not so much for the tasting as I don't care much for wine, but for the tour.
 |
| Seth enjoyed the tasting more than I did. |
 |
| I could write a whole post about the crazy spa we went to. This was hanging on the wall in the massage room. Um, geishas!? really? |
 |
| And then we had to get our German fix. That's not root beer. |
 |
| This sunset picture was taken right outside our B&B. |
 |
| We park outside this public restroom every time we hit the strip to shop. |
 |
| We stop here for lunch on the way home. It was a smidge too warm to enjoy our outside seats, but the view was great as usual. |
 |
| This time we decided to check out the Blue Bonnet Cafe for dessert after lunch. I wish I had taken a picture of my lemon meringue pie. The meringue was 5 inches tall, I'm not kidding. |
 |
| One of the best candles I have ever owned. This smells like heaven to me. |
No comments:
Post a Comment