I wasn't sure what to expect from a 2 year old's dentist appointment, and I was a bit worried that I'd signed myself up for more than I could handle (had both boys with me), but it went great! Austin loved looking at, pointing to, saying Goodbye to, and everything-else-possible to the trains Dr. Nunnelly has in and around his office (it's not called Dental Depot for nothing!). And Dr. Nunnelly has young kids himself, so he was great with Austin despite the fact Austin kept putting his lips around everything that they put into his mouth. (It was like he kept thinking everything was a straw.) They said he did great for his first time and that his teeth looked great!
 |
| He'd stand at one end of the waiting room, waiting for the train to come out, point to it... |
 |
| then turn and watch it go around to the other side |
 |
| run down to the other end of the waiting room to wait for it |
 |
| and then wave Goodbye to it. (He was very entertained!) |
 |
| Doesn't he look so little in the chair?!? |
 |
| She tried her best to get in there! |
 |
| She helped him brush his teeth. |
 |
| The train goes around the whole office, including in and out of the exam spaces. |
 |
| Dr. Nunnelly working his darnedest to get in there to take a look! |
 |
| We walked right past this on our way in and I made him wait to play with it until after, so he went running as soon as we got outside! The train has a sound system playing train noises. |
 |
| I about had a heart attack when I realized he was trying to climb in for real. And by the time I could get to him (had Graham with me), he was already inside! Man. These boys are gonna keep me on my toes! |
 |
| There are a bunch of knobs and stuff to turn. He loved it! |
Yay for a good first dentist appointment!
Yay Austin! That sounds like an awesome dentist for kids! I thought Austin both looked really little in the chair and at the same time, he looked really grown up! Wow...
ReplyDeleteI know! Seth and I just love Dr. Nunnelly, and I'm thrilled that he's 1) RIGHT here and 2) has all this entertainment for kids! And he DOES look grown up in the chair. There's just something about that picture that tugs on my heart! It's so cliche, but he's getting so big so fast!
DeleteSounds like a fun adventure as opposed to a dental check-up. He was showing off his bright, clean teeth sitting on the train. Gramps likes the picture of him laying in the dental chair checking out what was coming next.
ReplyDeleteI like that picture too! I'm glad I was able to get so many good shots of the experience (mostly because Graham stayed asleep the entire time). I love hearing what David liked; I've wondered if he ever looks at the pictures/blog via Kim. I think we'll probably take him up there again sometime for a quick little experience since it's free and RIGHT here.
Delete