FOLLOW BY EMAIL:

Monday, July 11, 2011

4th of July weekend

This year was the most interesting 4th of July I think I've ever had. After celebrating with family in The Colony (fireworks included!) on Saturday, July 2nd, I spent the entire night in the bathroom with the stomach flu! Seth wasn't sick and was a great help to me the entire time. At some point in the night, Georgia Mae also started getting sick, so Seth was kept busy taking care of both his girls. Thankfully, Austin slept the whole time.

The next morning, though, Seth was sick. So, though I was still pretty queasy, I was now busy taking care of him. Austin was a great baby all day which was wonderful. He was content to sit on the floor and play with toys while Seth and I vegged on the couch nearby, just watching. We. were. exhausted. And nauseous. Seth and I took naps when Austin napped, and spent some time playing the Glad Game, so even though we felt like death warmed over, it was a pretty nice day. Just relaxing, chilling at home as a family. 

On Monday, the 4th, we felt well enough to go watch the Park Forest parade. It was super hot, and it did me in, so I didn't join the boys at the pool later that day. I had a date with my bed and some more medicine. Later that night, we found out that we had spread the flu to Seth's family, and both our niece and Seth's dad had come down with it. My guess is that I picked it up at VBS the prior week and "lovingly" gave it to several family members on Saturday. Nearly a week would go by before I was actually up to eating anything, though, so the rest of the week was pretty low-key around here.

Here are pictures I took of the Park Forest Parade.
The whole family, waiting for the parade to come. As evidenced by Georgia's tongue, it was HOT!
When taking the previous picture, I noticed that the tray was exactly at Austin's eye level, so we tipped it to the side so he could see better.
 Here comes the parade!!
The grand marshal is an original resident of Park Forest.
Lots of kids on bikes...
Our neighbor, Kerrie, had an amazing float!
Our neighbor, Carla, is the neighborhood photographer (she did Austin's newborn shots), but I was able to snap one of her!
Some friends/neighbors of ours... The Kowalewskis. Well, three of them.
We even had a baton twirler! She sometimes had two going at the same time!
The finale-- A patriotic-colored bug blaring patriotic music. So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment