A couple weeks ago, I awoke to a wonderful email from my even-more wonderful husband. "Spring clearance is now 90% off. Good time to buy that spring wreath you want." I immediately called him to see if he knew which area store had the biggest remaining selection. He said that the Lewisville store and the Hurst store were both good options. Given that Lewisville is closer, I fed Austin breakfast and we were on our way north!
I got there and found that they had zero selection of custom-made spring wreaths. They had tons of summer ones, and lots of pre-made spring wreaths, but none of the big ones which were now 90% off. I did end up buying a few things, though. I mean, I was at Michaels. How could I not!? I bought Austin a Smurfs book (for his birthday, I'm telling myself) and a hat.
While cruising around looking at all the different wreaths, we kept passing this stand of 4th of July stuff (which was all on clearance), and it wasn't until the umpteenth time that I noticed Austin eye-ing this silly hat. I picked it up and put it on his head. After laughing like a crazy person, I checked the price, and with it being on clearance, it was $.40. I HAD to get it. I told myself that even if he wore it one time, just for a picture, it would be worth 40 cents. It has been well worth it because not only did I get him to pose for a picture, but Georgia too! (Good thing their heads are about the same size!)
But, having set out on this journey to find a spring/Easter wreath, I decided to head to Hurst. Being still relatively new in the area, I don't have a good sense of where things are located. I knew that Hurst was west of me, but how to get there, and how long it would take was beyond me. I was unable to pull it up on my phone because the map would only show the Michaels whose parking lot I was currently sitting in. I called Seth and he gave me rough directions; enough to get me on my way, thinking I would pull it up later. Turns out his 'rough' directions were exactly perfect!
About a 1/2 hour later, I was walking into the Hurst store. I found a helpful employee who showed me the 90%-off section of wreaths, and there. it. was. A big, beautiful wreath with tulips draped on either side. Perfect for Easter. The only problem in my mind was that it had a tinsie baby pink bow. I set off to the ribbon section, sure I could make another one myself. When I passed the custom floral section, however, I saw a big, bright, gorgeous yellow ribbon just waiting for me. The wreath, with the 90% off, was $4. The bow was $12. I don't care. I love it.
Come over next spring and see my great find!
Georgia Mae hates posing for pictures.
She really hates posing for pictures when Momma puts things on her like a 4th of July hat.
Austin's turn to pose with the hat!
It turns out that Austin doesn't like posing with silly hats on his head either.
He'd rather chew on them.





No comments:
Post a Comment