FOLLOW BY EMAIL:

Sunday, February 7, 2016

IF: Sena's House February 2016

I'm a big fan of Jen Hatmaker, Jennie Allen, Christine Caine, and Ann Voskamp and a few years ago, Jennie Allen got a new conference for women started with some of my favorite speakers. The title is IF:Gathering. It comes from "If God is real, then what?" so the letters "i" and "f" are pronounced just like the word "if". They realize not everyone can go to Austin for the live conference, so they let people stream the content anywhere (those are called IF:Local). Two years ago, I did a local version at NW Bible Church, but then they weren't doing it last year so I went to one at a church in Coppell. I liked the Coppell one, but was disappointed in all the extra stuff they added which meant we missed some of the Austin content. My goal was to see as much of the Austin content as possible and I felt robbed of that. So I decided to just stream it myself in my home and invite some friends over to watch it in my house.

Seth agreed to disappear for a day and a half with the boys up to his parents house and I got the house cleaner to come the day of so I wouldn't have to worry about that. (Plus we were hosting like 47 things in February and we had just done the home reno stuff so dust was everywhere.) I posted in several groups on Facebook that I was doing it and on my own page. Three of the women who came were not women I knew, but had a relationship Kevin Bacon-style. The people in Austin give you all the notes you need to know how to do it and then during the actual event, I just chromecasted it to the tv. We met Friday night 7-10 and Saturday 9-5 with just a small break for lunch. Overall, I loved it and would totally do it again like this next year. IF I can get Seth and boys to go on a Manventure at the same time I need the house emptied. ;-)

Here are some pictures from the experience.
I carried this every where in the weeks preceding.
The night of, my house was clean, "decorated," empty and ready for the 5 ladies to show up.
Everyone is in deep thought.
This is what it's like, just watching the tv the whole time except the ?s.
During the break on Saturday, we went to Potbelly for lunch.
One of the sweet girls in the group sent me the week after.
If you're interested in joining me next year, I'll probably be doing the exact same thing. Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment