New Years this year was definitely interesting. I had nasal surgery the morning of, so I was a little drugged up and out of it the rest of the day. I slept a tiny bit right when we got home, had some apple sauce and mashed potatoes for dinner. I had bought sparkling grape juice, poppers and special plates to eat dinner on. We streamed last year's ball drop at 8pm, pulled the poppers and sent them to bed. Seth and I stayed up after that to watch a movie and then it was an attempt to sleep. I first tried the recliner in Carson's room but he kept me up with his breathing (lol). I then propped myself up on the couch with pillows galore (after waking Seth for his help) and got a little bit of sleep. The biggest problem was that I could not breathe through my nose AT ALL. So I had to sleep with my mouth hanging open and my mouth would get as dry as the wall, so I slept in 45 minute increments. I didn't have much pain and Seth was super helpful, so recovery was good aside from the the lack of sleep.
 |
I was still bleeding from the nose, so had to keep it covered. |
They weren't very exciting to watch, but they went far!
 |
| I love this picture. |

The next morning was so crazy it sounds impossible. We suspected Graham had another ear infection, and I desperately needed coffee and we needed to go to get stuff for the event at Tom Thumb, so we took Graham to Laura's house where she looked in his ear and diagnosed an ear infection plus wrote us a prescription (I have said many thankful praises prayers for her since that day. That and all the other ways she has loved us well!). We stopped by TT, dropped the prescription off at CVS, got gas, went back to CVS, gave him a dose in the parking lot and drove to The Colony. By the time we got there, we were an hour behind schedule and most everyone had eaten already. Austin was shaking and complaining of fever and once I felt him, confirmed that to be the case. We had thankfully brought Advil with us, so Cheryl helped get him some food, some blankies and put a show on for him to rest while the medicine kicked in before we could do presents. Thankful for amazing family that doesn't hesitate to help when it's needed.
 |
| Still bleeding the next day. |
 |
| Carson looks so tiny here. |
 |
| lol. funny face |
No comments:
Post a Comment