We didn't want to have a traditional baby shower for Carson, but I did want to celebrate him in some way, so we came up with this idea of having a Pizza & Pampers Party at our house. It was perfect. We had lots of friends and family join us, good pizza/cake, and received lots of love in the form of gifts from our people. Kim and David naturally offered to help and they took care of decorations and the cake while Seth and I did the pizza, had Deimi clean the house, and even had Leta over to help watch the boys. I wanted her to come meet Carson, of course, but I also wanted to be able to enjoy my guests that evening, so she came, ate, and helped monitor the kids's activities.
 |
I was absolutely in love with this balloon. I haven't let Seth throw it away! |
 |
| hand sanitizer at the ready! |
decorations
pizza and cake
 |
| Leta and the boys doing silly faces while eating before guests arrive. |
Nonnie and Gramps and the boys.
 |
| We were well-loved-upon. |
Anyone who knows me well knows how I've said for the past two years that I could feel we weren't done having kids every time I looked at a photo of our family. I would look at a picture of the four of us and just have this weird feeling like there was "a head missing." That there was someone not present. Yet. And then we brought Carson home and without even seeing a picture of us, I felt done. He was home a day and it felt like we were finally complete, that all the people that needed to live here live here now. And then we had Carson's party and got to get this great picture of the five of us and it became even more clear. We are done. We are a family of five. All the heads that belong in this photo are there.
 |
| Our Complete Family. |
No comments:
Post a Comment