FOLLOW BY EMAIL:

Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Season 2015

NEW TRADITION
This year, I finally bit the bullet and bought us some Resurrection Eggs. Each day of the 12 days leading up to Easter, you open an egg to reveal a part of the Easter story. It's like doing an Easter Path or other such activity, that reminds us why we celebrate the holiday and is fun for the boys. We had them take turns, every other day opening the egg for that day and Austin especially really seemed to get the connection. I'd highly recommend it for like ages 3+.

PAINTING EGGS
Instead of dying eggs by dipping them into the containers full of dye, we use brushes and paint the dye onto them. This is a little sloppy as it's essentially painting with water (I only pour vinegar in the container) which runs quickly on the surface of egg. It makes for some pretty cool eggs, though!!
Sena's
I'm not sure who painted the above and below eggs. Sorry, fellas. Momma just doesn't remember and we all know how much help your Daddy is in situations like this. 
Seth's

EASTER MORNING
One of my favorite memories from my childhood are of Easter Mornings, doing the scavenger hunt my mom set up for me to get to my Easter Basket. One year a bike was waiting for me at the end! I was adamant that we would start this year as I felt the boys were old enough to sorta understand what was happening. The enthusiasm was completely missing and I couldn't understand why they were acting so weird. It wasn't until the next day when we learned that Austin had strep and that Graham was up most of the night throwing up that we understood their behavior. I'm hoping next year goes better.

After we found baskets, we had breakfast (cinnamon rolls, of course!), got ready, and went to church.

Here is a video of Austin looking for his basket.
Austin's
Here's a video of Graham looking for his basket.
Graham's
These bubble guns were super finicky.
Graham's expression is how we all felt.
Poor Georgia Mae

EASTER EVENING
The family celebration is at Spencer & Cheryl's house now and is an evening event. I enjoy this because we get to have an afternoon of quiet/naps and then get dressed again and head up to see family. It was raining in the morning, but it cleared in enough time for the egg hunt to be outside. That's also one thing I was glad to have changed recently. I didn't have to buy stuff and fill a bunch of plastic eggs!! Both of them did a great job hunting up the eggs and they also really enjoyed smashing cascarones later in the evening. The boys' outfits came together last minute (the day before!) and I'm thrilled with how they look. Probably my favorite Easter outfit yet!

I was absolutely miserable that day and spent most of the night curled up on their couch because I was so sore and feeling 10.5 months pregnant-rotten. I went outside to watch them hunt eggs and then I went right back inside to the couch and only left it briefly to eat dinner.
Sweet Boys
lol
Presents from Nonnie & Gramps
All Five Grandkids, Easter 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment