FOLLOW BY EMAIL:

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Texas Bluebonnets; April 2014

Last year's Bluebonnets were slim-pickins. It was a dry spring, so there just weren't very many flowers in any of the patches. (Here's 2012.) This year was a totally different scenario. We went to the Fujitsu headquarters (I know nothing about that company, just that someone posted the address on Facebook as having some good patches, so we went.) We pulled in and there was a parking lot and everything!

We had come straight from soccer, so we changed clothes and then wandered into the field. It wasn't long until others joined us, so the pictures got harder and harder to catch, but we managed some fairly good ones. I decided against having them both in white polos this year and I'm happy with the colors. I think I might do solid color polos every year from now on, just different colors. I mean, similar to each other, but different year to year. And as we drove away, we saw these other fields... HUGE fields. This looks like a tiny patch in comparison. But those fields didn't have parking lots attached, so it would have been harder to manage. We're just not in a stage where we can do that safely. Maybe in future years we'll try something like that.

Here are our pictures. Enjoy!
Me trying to be a creative photographer.
GRAHAM:


AUSTIN:

BROTHERS:
MONEY SHOT.
And, we're done.

1 comment:

  1. My heart jumped and my eyes widened, and then I saw that you'd captioned it "Money shot." Spot on!!

    ReplyDelete