 |
| The best way to start a holiday. |
Then we went to Kim and David's for lunch and naps. (Austin went down like a champ, but Graham wouldn't give up without a fight.) Before we ate lunch, we played a bit and then took pictures in their Red, White, and Blue outfits that Nonnie buys each year.
 |
| Graham found a leftover bow (they had celebrated Ireland's birthday earlier that day) and found it quite entertaining. |
 |
| We usually get a picture of just the grandkids, but Kim's camera was acting up and this is the best shot of them in their outfits. |
During naps, I make my Red, White, and Blue dessert. I decided to write USA this year instead of making a flag. I really liked how it turned out! I spent the rest of naptime blogging.
After naps, the kids play and the men entertain them while Cheryl and I hang out. We both had busy work with us (she was making tutus and I was blogging) so we chatted while our hands were busy but it was still super relaxing and enjoyable. I love the laid-back feel of this holiday!
When it starts to get dark, we head outside to set up our spots for watching the fireworks. Graham went down for the night and Austin was allowed to stay up and watch them. He did a great job and I was proud of how well he paid attention and was quiet enough throughout that others around us could enjoy the fireworks.
 |
| This pond is right out their front door and Lake Lewisville's fireworks happen just on the other side of those trees. It's free and the parking situation is great! ;-) |
 |
| I was messing with my camera setting and got this fun/blurry one of the kids wrestling. |
 |
| I actually asked Seth to take this picture of us. :-) |
 |
| I'm sorry if you're sick of these profile shots, but I'm addicted to taking them. |
 |
| I love that I caught this one! |
 |
| And I don't normally take fireworks pictures because they don't turn out well, but I was just experimenting and happened to catch this one! |
 |
| Austin is taking a picture of the fireworks with the pretend camera toy that Nonnie and Gramps have. |
 |
| Another pretty good shot. |
Both of these depict our evening perfectly. Relaxed and enjoyable.
No comments:
Post a Comment