Seth and I provide the turkey, potatoes, stuffing, cranberries, lefse, and drinks. We ask that each household contribute something to the meal. People brought broccoli, green bean casserole, hashbrown casserole, fresh fruit, lime jello, sweet potato casserole, and rolls. And for dessert we had coconut cream pie, pumpkin pie, a mocha-something-or-other icebox cake, and brownies. We had lots of yummy food as well as great dinner conversation.
As is our tradition, we took time during the meal to each say what we are thankful for this year. Even the two oldest kids participated, and I love that they join us in this tradition. Things ranged from being thankful for the troops, to family, to a particular family member being in heaven, to long-lasting friendships, to God providing beyond the needs, but our wants as well. It was very heart-warming to hear what everyone had to say and I am excited about the opportunity to scrapbook all the responses via the leaves I had set out on the table (see previous post).
It was a wonderful, albeit a bit full (in more ways than one!), day. :-) Happy Thanksgiving!
![]() |
| A Gorgeous Picture of my set table. Thanks Carla! |
![]() |
| Highlighting the place cards and the Thankful For leaves. |
| Everyone except the 5 youngest kiddos. |
| The oft-Packer Backers wearing Cowboys stuff on Thanksgiving. |
| Most of the crew, watching the end of the game. |
| I loved seeing all the kids on the floor in the center of the room like this! |
| I included this picture solely because of how sweet Delaney is being to Austin in this photo. LOVE cousin love! |


No comments:
Post a Comment