This year, both Bigs were in the same dance class at Powerhouse--Hip Hop Tots. Midway through the fall semester, Miss Laura came back to Powerhouse and took over their class and we could not have been happier with that change! She is sweet but firm which is exactly what kids need. Graham had several issues in the class with being crude or not wanting to follow directions, so I was extra thankful to have her to lean on. When she would report an incident to me, I knew I could trust her version and how she handled it/would handle it in the future. (Powerhouse needs to keep her around forever!)
A couple weeks before the recital, the owners of the Powerhouse announced their intention to sell. Them selling probably means we won't be taking lessons anymore. This made me extremely sad. I have been spending every Wednesday afternoon 3:30-4:30 at the dance studio and was excited for Carson to be old enough come the fall. I was finally going to be able to spend that hour by myself instead of wrangling a baby! So this recital was both easier (because both boys were in the same dance number) and more difficult (bittersweet, I guess you could say). Austin is super bummed about the likelihood of not taking dance anymore, but Graham is elated. ha!
The boys did great at dress rehearsal and recital and I'm happy the weekend is over.
Here is a video of the dress rehearsal. The lights make it fairly difficult to see (too dark at the beginning, too bright at the end), but it's still worth watching. Watching the video, they are the two boys on the left... Graham farthest left and then Austin.
Afterward, we took some pictures in the lobby and then went out to lunch with Nonnie at Cheddars. (Gramps was still working, of course.) We don't give bouquets of flowers to the boys, but do give a small gift which they were both very excited for.
Cars 3 comes out June 16. ;-)
Snuggie Tales from Nonnie & Gramps:
No comments:
Post a Comment