FOLLOW BY EMAIL:

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Carson Turns ONE! -- April 2016

I can hardly believe our final baby has turned ONE!

On his actual birthday, we had dinner with ice cream as the treat so we could save cake for this party. The day was pretty uneventful, going much like any other day, with a trip to Target during the day while the bigs were at school, lunch, a nap, etc. Once Seth was home, we had pizza for dinner followed by the ice cream and presents. Carson wasn't as into the actual opening of presents as I expected, but he thoroughly enjoyed the mint chip ice cream!
A very full mantel! And, as per our tradition, he had four gifts.
progression of Carson
Here's a video of him doing his candle.
So good and So cold!
Then we moved to the family room to go through the cards and gifts. He needed an outfit change between the two events, so it looks like we did it on different days, but we didn't, I promise.



Carson's Birthday Party, April 16th 3-5pm:
I had my friend Rosa come take pictures of the actual party because I knew that I would be so busy with guests and details that I would have a hard time remembering to take good shots. (I paid her from my cash stash so it wouldn't count against the cost of the party.) Plus, she's better at picture taking than I am!

First, the decor:
pinwheels were the guest take home gift
Sweet Tea. Raspberry Lemonade. Fruit Punch. Lemonade.
waters and homemade cupcakes
Then, The Party:
Carson was decked out in his party gear, ready to greet guests as they came in. We had the balloons all over the family room in case the weather was wet or too hot and people wanted to be inside. It was on the verge of being too warm, but thankfully we spent most of the time outside. The kids had fun running around and playing on the equipment while the adults chatted. It was a perfect afternoon and I'm so thankful for everyone who came to make the day great.
He loves posing for the camera!
Be Still My Heart!
These boys hadn't seen each other in awhile.
The series of shots Rosa got of Eric and Austin on the teeter totter is probably some of my favorite ever!
The whole gang!
Our family of 5. #Outnumbered
(excuse the nose picking)
Happy Birthday to you!
Once this kid got a taste of his icing, and the cake, he Went To Town!
Georgia is checking for crumbs!
It took a ton of wipes to get him cleaned off but he still required a bath later that night. He had cake crumbs everywhere! But then he had a good time playing with friends and the ballhouse until the party was over.

After the party, we went to El Fenix with Nonnie and Gramps to have dinner and then back to our house so he could open gifts from them. I was surprised Carson did such a great job given the day of soccer plus party plus sugar we had, but he was definitely ready for bath and bed once Nonnie & Gramps left.

Instead of having people brings gifts for Carson to the party, we asked everyone to bring a battery donation to give to his school. I think it's safe to say we collected enough for the rest of this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment