I started off celebrating my birthday with some friends on the 9th at PF Changs. These two gals and I can shut.the.place.down! We meet at 6:30 and at 9:45 a waitress asked if she can get us To Go cups for our waters. ! Alrighty then... we get the hint! lol. We finish paying and then stand outside talking until like 11:30. Seth had joked he wanted me home by midnight, but it nearly came true, I was only home a handful of minutes ahead of his "curfew" for me. Anyways, at some point in the meal, I tell our waiter, Matt, that we're celebrating my birthday and he gives us the biggest slice of chocolate cake I have ever seen. 6 layers, this thing was. So we each ate 2 layers and it was more than enough dessert for the three of us to share. I shudder to think of the calories in that thing!
On my actual birthday, Seth cooked dinner for me (as is our tradition--birthday person picks the meal, the others cook it), and we had a chocolate cake for dessert. Just a box cake in a 9x13, but it was delish! As a part of the Spofford Adult Birthdays tradition, we went out with Kim, Cheryl, and Spencer on the 21st to Seasons 52. (David was sick and unable to join us.) Having mentioned we were celebrating my birthday that night (as if it wasn't obvious given all the presents I was opening), each person got to pick their own free dessert (Seasons 52 does little mini desserts in like a shot glass size)! Then, lastly, we had a date night as a part of our Date Night Swap-ing we do with the van den Dools on the 28th. We used a gift card for Texas Land & Cattle and got another free dessert--a warm brownie with ice cream upon mentioning my birthday. I officially had three birthday steaks and three free birthday desserts over the course of this month. February was good to me! (Except this nasty back and hip pain!)
I also traded in some junk gold and silver jewelry for cash which we then spent on essential oils and a diamond cross necklace for me. (The necklace was at Seth's suggestion! He figured if I'd gotten rid of all this jewelry I didn't want, I should have a timeless piece in place of some of the value.) We both love having the house smell nice and so even if we aren't sold on the actual health benefits of oils, we were interested in diffusing things to make the house smell nice. I do believe in a few now, because we've used them and seen the results, but I'm not making a case for all oils. Just FYI.
In short, the bi-polar weather left us stuck inside for a good many days and even though I had a great time celebrating my 34th all month long, I'm ready for spring! I can handle three of the four following variables: belly, 2 boys, back pain, and rain. I've literally skipped stuff because it's pouring rain and cold and I just cannot get enough energy together to make it happen. Even for this homebody, there's a limit to how much staying home I can handle!
Here are some pictures from our February:
| The quote that has stuck with me the most from this year. Thanks, Word Swag! |
![]() |
| PF Changs dessert! |
![]() |
| This was an Outfit Shot, but works also as Belly Shot. Sorry for the poor lighting. |
![]() |
| He says "Hello? Thijs!?" "Thijs" is short for "Matthijs", his best friend. |
![]() |
| All smiles and wearing red for his school party. |
| Heatwave and Chase ready for action! (Austin IS shorter than Eric, but he's also not standing up straight here.) |
![]() |
| We had so much fun at Matthijs' birthday party! |
![]() |
| Picture Day 2015. Matching Outfits. I'm at such a place of not being able to plan ahead, I picked these outfits the night before. |
![]() |
| We were expecting a house full that evening, so they took a rare Thursday Afternoon nap. And I found Austin asleep just like his Daddy--leg up in the air, sound asleep. |
![]() |
| He might be 4, but he likes his sleep like his Momma. |
![]() |
| On our way to celebrate my birthday with the Spoffords. I love that I get to grow old with such a good looking man! |
![]() |
| It got cold. It snowed. We movied. |
![]() |
| A break in the weather and we headed out for haircuts! |
![]() |
| SUCH a ham, this one! |
![]() |
| Taking a stuck-inside-again funny selfie for friends. |
Major thanks to Amazon for these boxes!
Here's a video of the box-usage.
![]() |
| After a huge delay, our kit finally came! |
And here's an adorable video of Graham driving his car home from the park one day. So cute! I think we might need to work on keeping his eyes on the road ahead of him. lol



















Awww -- there is so much I love about this post!
ReplyDelete1) So honored to to have celebrated Sena day with you.
2) LOVE that we have a pattern of closing down PF Chang on GNOs.
3) A & G are too too precious. When baby #3 arrives, I don't know how you'll keep from exploding due to cuteness overload.
4) Prego Sena looks friggin awesome.
5) Ever since GNO, I've been thinking about dead horses.