January was quite the month. We had days of super cold, days of gorgeous we-are-staying-at-the-park-forever-weather, and everything in between! Austin had his "assessment" for the preschool we applied to for next year and we were lucky enough to be able to hang with some friends while we waited (the process was running over two hours behind!). The boys had a good time with all their new toys from Christmas, but towards the end of the month we had to do another small purge. I'm committed to not living our lives overrun with plastic!
I hit the point in pregnancy where dr appts start happening every other week, and that alone made things so much fuller around here that our ability to plan-ahead was shot. I also started experiencing some fairly major back and hip pain which NOTHING has been able to fix for very long. (Also: Braxton Hicks like I've never had before.) As soon as the effects of a treatment wear off, the pain comes right back. (The boys are so used to hearing me say that now that Graham will say "your back hurt?" when I tell him I can't help with some thing or another. That breaks my heart, but I know I've done due diligence in trying to make it better and am still suffering, so I'm trying my best not to beat myself up over it. I'd love prayers about the pain and about my feelings surrounding my inability to parent like I like.)
 |
I love his little crossed feet! He's "reading" the personalized Monster's University book Aunt AM gave him. |
 |
| Bros Reading Books. LOVE. |
 |
I dress them "alike" so often without realizing it. I do not understand how it happens. It's mind-boggling. |
 |
| All the cold weather made our couch a super-static-zone. |
 |
| He's the epitome of "Where there's a will, there's a way." |
 |
Caps for Sale! Shortly before Christmas, Austin started "playing" Caps for Sale. I had already planned on giving him that book for Christmas, so it was funny he'd learned it at school first. Ms. Carol beat me! |
 |
| In all the world, is there a sweeter picture!? |
 |
Not sure if they take this from me, but they both love a pillow on their lap while watching tv. |
 |
My Tuesday Errand Running buddy. I'll miss these days of just the two of us. |
 |
| Sweet little foot poking out... |
It was nice enough to send them outside, so we did. Gotta fill those lungs with some fresh air after being cooped up most of the last couple months!
 |
| "looking for clouds" I was told... SO SWEET! |
 |
Then a few days later it was really nice so we went to Mallon Park after school! It's my favorite. Not too big that I can't see them, and they're perfectly content on the equipment it has. (I have a feeling some day this picture might be black mail material.) |
 |
I asked if I could take a picture of him in this new shirt. He posed like that sans prompting. HA! |
 |
| I love how he's holding up the tractor so he's in the picture too. |
 |
| This happens when you skip a nap. Passed. Out! |
 |
Austin got sick. Just a cold with some asthma issues, but I want to be the best spoiling-them mom when they're sick. I was proud of my set-up here, hence the picture. ;-) |
 |
Graham did that tower all by himself. He was SO Proud. Love it! |
 |
| Sweet, matching boys... navy shirts, light gray pants. |
 |
| Someone found my sunglasses! lol |
 |
| Neither get a nap on Thursdays and this is often how we spend the afternoon. |
 |
So thankful to have spent that 2 hour delay with friends who loved on my son like he was their own. Those wooden seats were not meant for pregnant women suffering with back and hip pain. Ow! |
No comments:
Post a Comment