New Year's Eve. was an occasion of that phrase that's something like "best laid plans..." because though we had planned what we would do (fun dinner, board games, stream a countdown and have party favors), that didn't actually happen. I forget how long things take to do with kids, so we never had any time to play games. By the time we were done with dinner, it was time to get into jammies and get out our balloons and such. Don't get me wrong, we had a nice time, but it didn't live up to my expectations. Which I seem to have a hard time changing based on the fact that I have kids. Will I ever learn?
 |
| Seth bought balloons and noise makers. |
We watched a special countdown Netflix did with the Madagascar cast. It wouldn't work with Wii, so we watched on the computer.
And once "midnight" hit (which was actually like 8:30), Seth threw some silver tinsel-like stuff in the air over the boys (his idea!) and they had mixed reactions. Austin loved it and asked for more and more and more and Graham kept asking us to remove little small parts from anywhere near him.
How did you spend New Years Eve.? I'm especially curious what you did if you have young children... Do you eat a special food? If so, what? Do you do anything otherwise festive? Do the kids stay up late?
No comments:
Post a Comment