Austin has been taking dance class at PowerHouse of Dance for the last year. It's a Creative Movement class for 2 and 3 year olds that focuses on tumbling and being able to focus on moving certain parts of their bodies, etc. It's jumping and hopping around for toddlers, basically. He's been the only boy all year and has had a good time. Miss Laura, his teacher, is like Disney princess! She's so sweet and kind and smiley and has this long blonde hair. He loves Miss Laura. We decided to put him in the recital and it was a pretty successful situation!
 |
| The MC, playing the role of a professor. "PhD" is their big thing. |
Here are some pictures of him performing. He's the only boy, center, in all black with a pink bow tie.
You'll see the video stop a few times as I'm also taking a few pictures. You'll also see him stop and point to the back, he spotted Gramps just off stage.
When we walked out after he was done, we found lots of family (Seth's cousin's daughter performed that day too) so it was great to see that they all stayed for him!
 |
| Our two All Black Outfit Guys. |
I wanted to get him something for the recital, but not a bouquet of flowers like little girls typically get. So, a wrapped Rescue Bot, it was! You can see how thrilled he was from his smile!!!
We then went to find some friends from class and pose them together. They wouldn't pose together, so this non-looking shot is the best we got.
Nonnie and Gramps got him a gift too, and he loves his Buzz Lightyear hat!
 |
| Clowning around a la Spofford Man Tradition |
Here's his picture from the professional picture session they did. LOVE! I almost didn't get a copy of his individual picture. I was super sick with a stomach bug that day and it was all I could do to be upright. I decided I deserved a copy of this picture since I got out of the house and took him to dance that day. And now I'm SO glad I have it. It's awesome!
Next year, the plan is that Austin will move up to the Hip Hop Tots class and Graham will take Creative Movement. The classes are at the same time, so that will be a great hour for me! ;-) The recital, however, will probably be more than I bargained for. It was enough having Austin in costume, gift brought, getting pictures, etc. After the recital, we went to Liberty Burger with Nonnie and celebrated. Overall, it was a great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment