FOLLOW BY EMAIL:

Friday, November 1, 2013

Cute Pic Post -- October 2013

October was BUSY. Too busy. I think I've learned the lesson that since The Fair and both boys' birthday occur in October that we cannot. plan. anything. additional. Whew! I've spent the last three weeks sick with first the flu and then a cold which followed two weeks of antibiotics for the constant migraines I was having (MRI revealed a sinus infection). I haven't had a headache in weeks which is AWESOME, but I'm so over being sick and ready for weekends spent with fall candles, college football, and our whole family creating more dents in our couch!

Austin turned 3 and Graham turned 1 this month and we had a blast celebrating those milestones with them. They love each other and it's awesome to see them hug and follow each other around. Austin's potty training seems to be going well and he can now go do it all by himself--hand-washing and britches up/downage included. (This feels like a new life for me!) Graham is signing "more" and eating more table foods. He's had strawberries and peanut butter (two of the big allergen concerns) with no reactions, so that's of course nice.

Both boys had their physicals and all seems to be going well for both of them. Austin actually had his blood pressure taken for the first time at that visit and he was a champ about it. (I could totally see how getting your arm squeezed like that would have freaked him out, but it didn't!) They measured them wrong so their height percentiles are way off, but I'm taking them back in to get that straightened out. Austin got a flu mist up his nose, but poor Graham had to get four shots--two in each thigh. And that was after a finger prick which had him screaming so hard he was turning purple. This kid has strong opinions and he did not want that warmer thing on his finger! When all was said and done, I turned to the nurse and told her I was having a drink with lunch. She laughed. I didn't. ;-)

Here's some cuteness from October:
He seems so big and yet so little in this picture.
The jammies are 4t (I love Grandpa-style jammies!) and he's sound asleep on top of his gloworm.
I didn't get a good shot of this, but he opened it up and crawled right in lickety-split!
I have no idea how he got a spoon in the family room, but he was just crawling around with this hanging out of his mouth. LOL.
Such a sweet boy.
Graham's mischievous smile. My parents have something else they'd call that, but "mischievous" is more appropriate around the boys. Thanks Dr. McColm for that word!
Graham had a blast in this ball pit at a friend's party.
He emptied out the entire box because he was looking for certain letters. Guess I can't be mad, right!? It's educational.
We had the carpets cleaned while we watched Austin's favorite movie.
I love these brotherly wrestling matches. 
One of Austin's birthday presents from us were these Brobee jam jams. They are ADORABLE on him.
One can never have too many pairs of sunglasses.
This big purple mit is what the nurse had to do to make Graham keep the bandages on his pricked finger.
And before he went down for a nap, I added a sock so he wouldn't chew on the bandage.
on a side note--Do you see how up on his toes he is!?
Austin was talking to him... so funny.
He's loving riding this.
And this. A present from Nonnie and Gramps.
He's so funny looking when he first wakes up. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment