FOLLOW BY EMAIL:

Friday, March 1, 2013

Cute Pic Post -- February 2013

Wow, has another month of 2013 flown by ALREADY!? It was a bit of a crazy month for us. After coming to the realization that we were overcommitted (this realization felt a little bit like running out of gas on the interstate...we sputtered to a stop somewhere early in February after running on fumes for all of January... more on that in a different post), we decided to eliminate over half of those things from our calendar. It took the rest of the month (and is still in process!) to feel the relief/benefits from that, but we know we've made some smart decisions for our family and will soon really feel it. This was also the month I turned 32 and the hectic-ness made for a less-than-thrilling birthday. This is one lady who's READY for March.

Graham sprouted TWO TEETH this month! In the week surrounding his 4-Month birthday, Baby G decided to get both of his bottom, middle teeth. And we didn't even know they were coming! I mean, he was super drool-y, but drooling at this age is not solely because of teething and since it's so early to get teeth, we had no idea to expect them. He cut them like a champ though, and no one was the wiser until I saw that pearly white shining back at me one day. He also got dedicated at church, and that was a really special time for us as a family.

The best Graham News is that he doesn't need a helmet! Well, at least not yet. Dr. McColm said that his professional opinion was that it would soon re-shape itself and he'll be fine. I also learned that the "birth markings" on the back of his head are actually hemangioma (but I think it really looks more like this stork bite, but I'm not a doctor) and will be with us until he's 4 or 5 years old. I thought that when they'd told us they'd disappear that the doctors meant within weeks or months. Oh well, it doesn't require anything from us and is purely a cosmetic thing, so no biggie to us!

Austin continues to become more verbal, but even with his increased skill has taken to whining and throwing fits whenever something doesn't go just his way. It's a bit sad for me because I see that he cries when he gets frustrated, (which is my natural reaction too!) but some things just can't be helped. Like the laws of physics! He's also picked up You're Welcome from school, but it's now replaced Thank You. He asks for something with Please, you give it to him, and now he immediately says You're Welcome. ! Too funny!

Here are a few fun shots of the boys from this month:
Their attire confuses me about what the temperature actually was that day, but Austin had a blast "helping" Daddy.
I think most of this went back in his face, but it's an A for Effort!
Still loving his playgym and still pumping iron.
Austin can be THE SWEETEST Big Brother!
Caught him red-handed, rotating himself in his crib.
Trying out the exersaucer...
I always thought the littles copied the bigs... Not in our house!
First Brothers Wrestling Match.
He's squealing with joy, here.
Probably gonna be an outlawed move in future matches. Once they both know what "hair" is.
Georgia wants in on the fun!
sigh. Enough of that, let's cuddle. ;-)
Daddy's got a full lap!
I love a Milk Drunk baby!
We gave Austin this boy Cabbage Patch when we brought Graham home from the hospital. He immediately named him Gus (we have no idea how or where that came from). He regularly asks to feed Gus his milk, and this time even asked me to help him arrange the pillow!
This time he insisted Gus get a diaper change. (Too bad Austin won't be clear about his OWN diaper needs!)
I'm convinced there's not a sweeter smile in all the world.
Playing hard and then sleeping hard.
He found Graham's inchworms and started decorating himself. They coordinate with his shirt really well, don't you think? :-)
Austin wanted the baby to join him in bed. Cannot wait for future cuddle sessions with these cuties!
This is a photo of a thigh roll. Nothing more. Carry on.
Found my feet, Momma!
Let's see how these taste...
All the literature says that babies will act insulted when first trying food. "Insulted" is such a higher-order emotion that I couldn't understand what they meant. Now I understand. 


Did you do anything super cool in February? Any Valentine's Day traditions you care to share?

1 comment: