Each fall, Seth and I make a trip to Fredericksburg. This year, instead of just going to F-burg for a long weekend, we added in a few differences. We went to San Antonio for two nights for a little Babymoom/Momma&Daddy Vacation as well as invited our Small Group to join us for a weekend in F-burg.
Seth had won two nights at a hotel on the Riverwalk in San Antonio, so we went down to relax and get away from the never-ending To Do list. (Austin stayed home with Nonnie over to care for him and Georgia.) It was a long drive at 7 months pregnant, but we had a good time seeing the city, eating, and watching HGTV.
In the days leading up to the trip, all I could think about were pancakes. Pancakes, Pancakes, Pancakes! I was determined to find the best two places in San Antonio for pancakes. And boy, were they good!
 |
| Our first pancakes place: The Guenther house. BEST PANCAKES EVER. |
 |
| It was home to the owner of the big mill in town, which is still right next door. |
 |
| And it was right on the water... SO pretty! |
 |
| Where we ate dinner... |
 |
| Safe-for-preggo-me, yummy drink with dinner. |
 |
| View from our room. |
 |
| It was so humid that I couldn't get a better shot of how ON the Riverwalk we were, but you get the idea. |
The next morning, we got up and headed to our second pancakes place. (The pancakes were good, but not as good as the first place.) After grabbing some Starbucks, we hit the road for F-burg.
We rented a house just outside of town that had 3 bedrooms and 2
bathrooms. It was a perfect size for our group. The family room was
perfect size, the table sat all of us comfortably, and the kitchen was
well-enough equipped for us to make/eat a big breakfast our last morning
there.
Each family had slightly different arrival times/plans. Seth and I got to F-burg fairly early on Friday so we could do lots of shopping. Well, as much shopping as my pregnant, waddling self could do. Our best find was a cross for the guest bathroom. The Alisentonos had to drop Caroline off at her parents' house, and the Lopezes were coming in from Schlitterbaun territory. Once we were all settled at the house, we freshened up and went into to town for dinner.
After dinner, we started playing games. ImaginIff is always a good way to get a group started!
 |
| Two members of our group were unable to make it, but we made sure to include them in the game! |
I kinda got distracted by all the fun I was having and forgot to take any more pictures of the vacation. But basically, we ate, talked, hung out, laughed, and played games. Oh, and the women took a shopping trip to Boerne and the men took a kayaking trip in Concan. It was a great way to get to know one another better--all that time spent over the course of just a few days, and I highly recommend other groups do something similar. I had tons of fun and am already looking forward to next year!
 |
| I felt like this sign on the gate is a good motto for life: Leave things how you find them. |
 |
| We always stop in Marble Falls and eat at this restaurant on our way back to Dallas. |
 |
| I'm including this solely because of the incorrect usage of quotation marks. why is everyone so quotation-mark-happy!?! |
 |
| Arriving back in The Big D. |
And I'm still laughing about Dave's story that begins with "I had this female friend who found these jeans and prayed for a husband to fit them." HA!!
ReplyDelete