FOLLOW BY EMAIL:

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Marcone's Christmas Gift

I haven't spent nearly enough time blogging about Marcone! And since I'm getting the chance to sit down and get caught up on some posts that have thus far just been spinning around in my head, now's the time! 

We began sponsoring him through World Vision last October, when he and Austin turned 1 (they share the exact same birthdate). He lives in Brazil, and I love writing to him (his mother, really) and coming up with creative (and flat!) things to send in an envelope. I LOVE it. I hope that Austin will come to enjoy it as well and develop a pen-pal-like relationship with him. As someone who's had a pen-pal since 5th grade (a girl from PA--NOT a child-in-need from a foreign country), I think it can be so rewarding to have that relationship. (Mindy even came to visit sometime when I was pregnant with Austin, helped my shop for my recliner, and gave us an amazing gift. I love having her in my life!)

Around Christmas, we decided we wanted to do something more for him than send letters, drawings, and a few photos of us. World Vision has this program where you can send a one-time gift (of at least $75), and they will help the family determine how best to use that money. Once they are done shopping with the family, they take pictures and send them to you. I was SO excited to see these pictures, not only to see what they bought with our money, but to see more pictures of him. I LOVE that he's such a smiley kid! Reminds me of someone else I know... ;-)

The letter says that they bought "food, meat, cookies, yogurt, diapers, perfume, beautiful clothes, a pair of shorts and a shirt for the weekend."
I know the quality of the picture isn't great, but you can definitely tell there's a huge smile there. Isn't he cute?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment