FOLLOW BY EMAIL:

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Spofford Bday Celebration, Austin presents #1

It's a good thing I married into the Spofford Family. Rather than some other family, I mean. 

I LOVE birthdays. They are my number one holiday! I don't mean my own birthday, but anyone's birthday! I love the decorations, the presents, the cake, the celebratory atmosphere, the everything. And, in the Spofford Family, we celebrate birthdays a lot. A lot, a lot. Here's the second Spofford Bday Celebration/Lake Day which was Austin's first birthday event. He loved opening presents, but he really loved the handles and tags on the bags!





chewing on a tag...



I love how he's looking so intently at the card!






All he wanted from this present was the green sticky note attached to the outside!
This picture captures his reaction perfectly. He was THRILLED with this gift.
Our official position on gifts for Austin is: "He can never have too many Books, Clothes, and Experiences. AND No John Deere. Ever." Some of Seth's family asked me for ideas just a few days before the event, so he got mostly books and clothes. YAY! And Gran didn't ask for ideas. So when he opened this toy, with its lights and sounds, he was ecstatic! Everyone pointed out his reaction as if to say that we shouldn't be so harsh on people giving him toys, but most of those people don't realize how much stuff he already owns that has lights and sounds. Most of which he rarely plays with (the above toy included). His current favorite toy is a wooden stirring spoon. So, we're sticking with the decision. (Thanks for your judgement, though.) I'm honestly really hoping that someone will be really creative and start a process of gifting experiences, but that hasn't happened yet. Maybe it'll happen at one of his next several birthday celebrating events?

1 comment:

  1. I love the pic of him throwing the tissue paper over his head :). I can't believe he is almost 1!

    ReplyDelete