FOLLOW BY EMAIL:

Monday, July 14, 2008

Seth's 30th Birthday weekend


Rob, Seth, and Brian

So, if you know Seth, chances are pretty high that you've heard of The Muckrackers. The Muckrackers is a group out of Louisville, KY that Seth has been a HUGE fan of since he lived there years ago. (They are a local Louisville group that he's heard perform several dozen times, and Seth tells pretty much everyone about them.)

Ok, so, given that Seth is such a big fan of them, I decided to try to give him a surprise for his 30th birthday this summer. I coordinated with the group to get them to do a living room concert for us and some friends. I had been planning and coordinating for months, and it finally took place the weekend of July 4th, 2008.

I had originally tried to get them to come down to Atlanta, but then one of the guys was in a boating accident, and Seth and I were in a wedding in mid July, so it turned out that they couldn't come that weekend. We decided to go up to Louisville instead, to see our friends up there, and then they could come to that friend's living room instead of our living room.

It was great. Everyone knew what was going on except Seth.

One day while were were there, we were all just taking it easy around the house and all of us had made ourselves 'busy' so when the knock on the door came, it kinda made sense that Seth was answering it. Even though it was at someone else's house.

You should have seen his reaction when he opened the door and there's Rob (holding his guitar!)!

The guys then proceeded to do a little VH1 behind the scenes/pop up video/concert in Kevin and Kristin's living room! It was AMAZING! And, I think, the best gift I could have ever given him for his 30th birthday. (Well, in addition to the scrapbook. :-)

A huge thanks to Rob and Brian and the rest of the group!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment